This is probably the best run and best reviewed small resort on Koh Chang. For the past five years it’s been voted as one of the Top 25 B&Bs and Inns in Thailand. (
You’ll find over 350 reviews dating back several years on Tripadvisor
The owners, who I’ve known since they first came to Koh Chang, and who have devoted themselves to building the best small resort they can, now need to return to Europe for family reasons and so it is for sale.
You’d be mad not to buy it if you have the money and are looking for a real, established business that generates good profits on Koh Chang.
Why? Because this is what you get:
* An award winning family run, 8 bungalow resort with a high percentage of returning guests and word of mouth recommendations.
* A profitable business with verified, checkable accounts and paperwork including booking details dating back several years.
* A very well maintained and managed resort in perfect condition with no immediate new investment required.
* Very well trained and long-serving staff
* A good quality of life that will allow you to enjoy an annual holiday break of at least 7 to 8 weeks from late August to mid-October, plus the possibility to have another break in June.
* Potential to increase the revenue by 25% with the current bungalows & restaurant. Plus the possibility to develop over 1.5 Rai ( 4,800Sqm ) land that is currently landscaped garden at the rear. At present there are just eight bungalows, so more rooms could be added without the resort feeling crowded,
What’s Included in the Sale?
1. All buildings and the swimming pool .
2. All contents, fixtures and fittings, including bungalow furniture, restaurant furniture, the kitchen equipment and appliances, computers, CCTV, borehole pump, gardening and sporting equipment.
3. The web site and booking system.
4. All forward bookings (from January approximately 350 room nights sold with firm bookings through to November 2015, and inquiries for December 2015 and January 2016).
5. The brand, goodwill and name.
6. Well trained, mostly long serving, staff.
7. Two years’ rent free
8. If required, a clean company which owns the land lease & work permit.
9. The lease agreement.
10. Supplier contact details.
12. All relevant business licenses.
13. Handover and training period as required for the new owner.
None. The business on a cash basis with no trade accounts. Everything is paid in cash. The business owes nothing. The only exceptions are monthly electricity, internet, telephone, True Visions television subscription paid monthly, advertising paid as and when, online booking system paid monthly by debit order, and web site domain names paid annually. We have no long term contracts, other than the lease agreement.
Land lease agreement?
The resort is built on 4 Rai ( 6,400Sqm ) of beachfront land. There are currently just under 5 years left on the original land lease. This runs until November 2019. The rent has been paid up until November 2016. Rent is payable every 3 years.
The landlord, a local family who live nearby, are agreeable to signing a new 12 or 15 year lease with the buyers. The terms of which would be negotiated and confirmed prior to any sale.
The owners are meticulous about keeping paperwork. Serious potential buyers will have access to spreadsheets and paperwork that date back several years. Including all bookings, accounts, income and expenses etc.
The resort is virtually fully booked during High Season and runs around 70- 80% during the Low Season. The owners take time off in June and September – the two quietest months of the year for their own holidays.
Estimated at 20% based on current figures.